WHY DO I NEED TRACKING DEVICES?
- Theft...Your business vehicles and other assets like trailers can be easy targets - they're mobile, can't always be locked indoors and they're very attractive to thieves. They can also cost your business a lot of time and money to replace... which is why you need to protect them. Anything can be tracked using this technology, from people to parcels as well as vehicles, trailers and skips.
- Efficiency... If you run a fleet of vehicles you will know how expensive this is. With rising fuel costs, wages and many other hidden fleet costs tracking devices can be a very useful asset to your business. Not only can you track the location of your vehicles, you can also monitor fuel use and driver behaviour such as heavy braking and accelerating round corners which can cost the business dearly in extra fuel use, higher maintenance bills and increased risk to staff safety. On top of this the tracking devices can alert you when things like MoTs, services and tax are due on your vehicles.
WHAT IS A TRACKING DEVICE?
Trackers are simple, sturdy boxes which you can secure to a car, lorry, trailer, horse box - in fact, any mobile item like heavy plant, tractors or farm machinery. They are also invaluable to help protect skips, containers and other large business assets.
The box use GPS information so you can see exactly where your asset is anywhere in the world. Because they're also tamper-proof and virtually impossible to remove, you can rest assured that you'll find your stolen asset quickly.
WHAT DOES SELECT OFFER?
PROTECT YOUR VEHICLES AND MACHINERY WITH WIRELESS TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
Select recommends the best - Plant-i trackers. These trackers are the smartest on the market and they're virtually impossible to find, block or remove and will stand up to the harshest of industrial environments.
- We can install these wireless tracking devices covertly (if you don't want to draw attention to the fact you're installing them) and with a minimum of fuss.
- If you have a fleet of vehicles or lorries with trackers on, the devices also have the benefit of helping you monitor unscheduled / off-route use of vehicles by staff or excess fuel consumption - helping you pinpoint ways to make running your vehicles more cost-effective.
- Live tracking information is available to you, should your vehicle be stolen. The police can use this to recover your vehicle.
- In a couple of instances tracker information has even led to police uncovering 'professional' quad-bike gangs who steal the vehicles and sell them on in the UK and abroad.
- The system has been designed to be simple-to-use and highly accurate - it can save companies far more money than it costs to run.